Thursday, April 18, 2013

Avocado Hummus for the Brain Dead

 
Today I come by this post honestly.  Stupidly, I had a bedtime of 3 a.m. and a work time start of 7 a.m.  Yup, I made it there for that ungodly hour and moreover, managed to manoeuver my way successfully through the day with only selective neurons in operation.

Now home, and still brain dead, I wanted something easy and fast to snack on.  Seeing a ripened avocado on my counter, I decided I would whip up some non-traditional avocado hummus to go with some great seed crackers and veggies I have on hand.

You can never go wrong with hummus as a healthy snack or pre-dinner nosh.  The addition of avocado with its monounsaturated fats ups the nutrition ante in this great dip.

Only 3 pictures you say?  You KNOW it's got to be a super easy pull together recipe you can enjoy in minutes!  

Here's what you'll need:

                                         1.5 C chickpeas (drained)
                                         1 medium sized avocado
                                         3 T olive oil
                                         2 T lemon juice
                                         1/2 t EACH salt and granulated garlic
                                         1/4 t cayenne pepper (optional)
                                                    (adds a very little zing)
 
Put everything in a food processor or blender.
Process until completely smooth.
You may have to scrape down the sides a couple of times.
 
Eat.
 
Avocado hummus...
 
Did I say it was easy?
Did I say it was delicious?
Did I say I was brain dead?
 
Yes,
Yes,
and YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment