Thursday, February 21, 2013

Kahlua Mousse for the Brain Dead aka Stupid Easy Kahlua Mousse

Kahlua... nectar of the Coffee Gods.  How can this not taste dreamy in mousse form?

I term this recipe Stupid Easy Kahlua Mousse because it takes all the fear out of making a sinfully delicious mousse.

From here on in, I plan to make Thursdays my "brain dead" recipe days, meaning they're so easy you'd practically have to be dead not to be able to make them!

Try this for a dinner party.  Your guests will think you spent hours whipping and prepping.  Tell them you did!

For an easy dinner party, make my Sweet Potato Carrot Ginger Soup and this dessert the night before.  Have the Honey Dijon Salmon as a main.  Your guests will wonder if you've become a chef ninja!

Here's what you'll need:

1 box Jello brand white chocolate pudding
1 C 35% whipping cream
3/4 C regular milk (skim, 1%, 2% -whatever you have)
1/4 C Kahlua liqueur
Square of chocolate, your choice - for decorating
 
Here is a close up of the pudding box.
 
Add all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
Mix on low to incorporate ingredients for about a minute.
Crank it up to high.
Mix for another 4 minutes until it looks mousse-y

(See video below!)

Tell me.  Is this not truly Stupid Easy Kahlua Mousse?
Why were you ever afraid to make it?
Fill glasses with deliciousness!
I've made two generous portions but this can easily serve 4!
Decorate with grated chocolate.
I like to add these "whistle cookies" as I call them.
Try chocolate covered espresso beans.
If you dare...
top with whipped cream, drizzle with Kahlua...
and while you're at it, book an angioplasty!

2 comments:

  1. I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. best silk sheets

    ReplyDelete
  2. An interesting dialogue is price comment. I feel that it is best to write more on this matter, it may not be a taboo topic however usually individuals are not enough to talk on such topics. To the next. Cheers. เกมบาคาร่าออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete